View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Incontrol15

Made it through the event without issue. Didn't crave as much as I missed being able to belly up to a sweet bar and get drunk. Just for a bit. I looked at the bar, saw all the money they were making (again...really nice place), and thought about all the money I wasted in places like that.

I never even worried about how much they charged for drinks. Never asked how much a Long Island iced tea was, or a double run and coke, just kept ordering.

The dinner held was to celebrate somebody's life who had died a month ago. Dinner was provided and they had an open bar. When that was announced, made me thankful I wasn't drinking. I would have a 2hr drive home drunk on a holiday weekend.

I entertained myself by watching everyone else drink. The couple next to me went through 3 beers in the time it took the rest to drink 1 glass of wine. There was one guy though....had a couple glasses of wine. We went back to his house real quick before driving back. He proceeded to make a mixed drink and offered to me. I kindly said no, I'm driving. I noticed he was working off a half gallon. Was almost empty.

I don't know if he had a problem or not. But nowadays anytime I see somebody with a half gallon of booze, I automatically think they do. No "normal" drinker would want or need that much.

Anyway...I was in shock at first. I should have prepared myself a little more. But was an easy win for me.

Days over. +1