View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Upwardspiral

Thanks guys. Tooshabby, my head swims with various career paths all the time. I feel like I don't know myself at all. Can't even decide if I like working with others or not, if I want to keep working with my hands or give em a break. Last night I was researching forensic science, the day before it was horticulture and then addictions counseling. My biggest problem is just that I don't believe in myself. How on Earth is my fried 33 year old brain going to finish college if my fresh 20 year old brain couldn't deal with it? Excuses.

The meeting last night did go well. They were discussing the 9th step, which was great because I've been struggling to not be a jerk to people lately. I spoke up to introduce myself and nearly suffocated as I was speaking.
I busted out the big book afterwards and began reading about the steps. I've been peeking into this section of the book for years, but it's finally beginning to feel less alien. I'm getting over my hesitancy about "the God thing" thanks to all the various perspectives people have shared here.
I do have a lot of home work to do but I'm going to give it a chance. I want to do whatever it takes to stay sober.