View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  
letitgo

Great to hear from you all.
Great idea tooshabby. HALT has been really helpful to me.glad your doing well Angd1978, tokidoki, Sleepie, holds, sleepie and upward.
Hope you feel better CBF.
Glad your excited about work BBB. Was you leave at work confidential for you medical reason? Sorry to pry but i am curious how it works in the UK.
Running out of my medicine (lexapro and xanax fo anxiety) and my doctor wont give a refill. So i now have anxiety about my withdraw anxiety to come. Really worried i will want to drink to help ease my anxiety. My dr wont give me a refill unless i see him. But i am still out of town for another week. A relapse seems like a great copout to blame the dr. Its all his fault. My av is a tricky son of a gun. Going call my pcp on Tuesday and hope they can help me. Gonna go to a pharmacy and see if i can get a 5 day supply. I doubt they will because the dr wont refill it. Getting anxious already.
Bob, i am about 40% through the book and its hard to rationalize the end of cravings like Mr. Carr says it so easy. His plant is a great example. He rambles about global warming and taking medications are so unnatural. Technology is so bad for us. He is right to an extent. I think he wore tin foil hat until he passed lol. Anway his logic is sound. But i can so relate to the fly. I did learn to like the taste of the nectar. It became a habit or daily routine. Still in the danger zone at 60 something days.

From reading sr and my past experiences i just can not negiote with alcohol. Not one drink or sip. Easier said then done. Thats why everyone has a plan or a craving playbook. Carr makes great points but addicts cant see logic because we have been blindsiding ourselves.
Hard to cut the chains with something you attached to everything