View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
adelina123

Originally Posted by Carver View Post
Well I went to my second AA meeting this evening, and a veteran was sharing. As he started talking about alcohol, I started thinking about how nice a drink would be.

By the time he was halfway through his share, I'd planned my route home to include a stop at a supermarket to get some JD. This was the strongest craving I've had so far, it consumed my entire being for twenty minutes. It didn't help when another member shared and proudly announced that he'd drank and used drugs all through the week, and that he didn't feel bad at all. Even saying that his higher power was pleased about it, haha.

Thankfully, I fought back, and I'm glad I did, so glad. Sitting in bed with a glass of water and a book, and genuinely happy that I'm still sober.

Odd that AA could be such a strong trigger. AV can kiss my arse.

Oh, and I got my two month chip
Just had to say that it did make me smile when you said about the guy who drank all week, was happy about it and so was his higher power .... thinks he's taking the p### don't you. I know someone that had to change meetings because the guys attending were sneaking off for drinks during cigarette break!!
Well done for not giving in ....