View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sofedup

Thank you all for the support. It really helps having a place to vent where people understand.

Unfortunately, I have read quite a bit about alcoholics over the years. I knew there was always a chance of this happening. It was always just so difficult since he works hard, and is a genuinely nice guy and a good father (I'm not going to say great because I believe he would have spent more time and been more patient with the kids if alcohol hadn't been in the picture). I believe he DOES want to stop, but he's not yet willing to do it. I set boundaries the last time I caught him drinking. I told him that I would stay and support him as long as he was in active recovery. Hell, he was even allowed to slip as long as he got back into the program. So I feel I need to do this to stay consistent with my boundaries and for my own sanity.

He is staying at a friends house for now. He will most likely work with the me to figure out what is best for the kids. Like I said, he's a good guy. Just very, very sick.

I hope that he will be able to stay sober for the kids. I think that is the hardest part. My 4-year old will be asking questions and I have NO idea how I'm going to handle that one.