Thread: F&F Meetup
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 09:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

amy, you won't believe this but swear to god it's true.

I attended a DV conference in New Orleans in 2002, I believe it was, and stayed a couple of extra days to sightsee. Went to a late dinner with people from a tour group I was tagging along with (not with the DV crowd--conference was over). There was ONE other party in the restaurant--a table full of guys wearing football jerseys, surrounded by gorgeous women. Our friend OJ was holding court (if you'll excuse the expression). I started fuming to the people at my table about how I was there for a DV conference and there's the offing MURDERER sitting there having a great time with his buds.

He must have seen me shooting daggers at him, because when his group left he waved down the table at me and said, "Hey, we all gotta forgive." I said, "No, we don't" His face darkened and he said, "Sure we do." (Looked like he'd had a few.) I said, "Excuse me, I do not HAVE to forgive ANYONE." (Yeah, I'd had a few, too, at that point).

He got this LOOK on his face that I'm sure was a familiar one to Nicole, and just then one of his buddies put his arm around his shoulders and walked him out.

Brrr. I made sure I walked out with my group.

I am SO HAPPY he's finally where he belongs.