View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
MrsD

Just an update on this & a little bit of an angry vent.

He messaged & said he got an apartment & he wants to come pick up his tv in the basement because he's "having his cable hooked up."

Errr... last I heard he had no money & was living in a tent. We never even had cable here, I can't afford it. We have bottom of of the line internet just to get by.

So anyway... I took that opportunity to ask for his new address to give the the lawyer handling the case. (Pro bono through the Legal Aid Society, by the way, in case anyone in my situation wants to check into this.) It took ELEVEN texts for him to give me the address, he was making excuses. Turns it, it's the most expensive luxury apartment complex in the area, with pools and tennis courts.. he's quite the tennis player. I looked it up and a basic one bedroom apartment costs more than the monthly rent of my 3 bedroom ranch with a full basement in a nice neighborhood.

So... I don't know what's going on... if he's been hiding money somewhere or if momma's swooping in again to save him.. but the term that comes to mind is WTF. Not that any of it matters. I just know that I skipped lunch every darn day for 2 years at my former job delivering auto parts just so that I could have enough money for the essentials for my family while he was sitting in my home day drinking.

But on the bright side, seeing this kind of blatant douchbagery helps me come to terms with divorce. I feel like a total fool, but it helps.