View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
julesonya

Great couple of posts for going into the weekend. Thank you so much.
Day 2 1/2 for me. My last drink was at noon on Wednesday. My detox really kicked in around 3am the next morning when I started throwing up. As with my previous posts, I was not doing well yesterday. I still can't stomach much food but I did get 6 solid hours of sleep (with help from ambien). I feel much better today, like my stomach isn't going to explode out of my body. But food is still hard so I a sticking with protein & nutrient shakes.

One thing I am looking forward to is having a normal tongue/taste buds again.

For once I am not worried about the weekend. I have my son and we have lots of plans. I used to take him to the pool for hours but since I had been drinking so much I put on weight and am not comfortable. Well too bad, he deserves to have fun. I wanted to go to the MLB game but whenever I am there its "oh have a beer" and I don't want to put myself in this position.

I also looked up a local intensive outpatient therapy program. Its 3 days a week for 3 hours a day, lasting 5-6 weeks. And I found a holistic counselor/life coach to speak with one on one so that my head stays in the right place. I think I have always struggled with who I really am in this world, which has led me to alcohol. With alcohol, I can do whatever & blame it on the alcohol. Now I need to focus on me.