Thread: Step 1
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 08:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sarahjangel1
Just for today...

Step 6..."We were entirely....

"We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character."
Willingness is what we strive for in Step 6. Many of us cling to our fears,doupts,self-loathing or hatred because there is a certain distorted security in familliar pain. Character defects cloud our ability to think logically.Our defects drain us of all our time and energy. We examine the 4th step inventory and get a good look at what these defects are doing to our lives. We need a personality change if we are to stay clean.We want to change. We should approach old defects with an open mind. We look to the fellowship for the kind of life that we want for ourselves.We learn that we are growing when we make new mistakes instead of repeating old ones. We begin to feel better, as willingness grows into hope. Perhaps for the first time, we see a vision of our new life.

You know, I went to my home group last night. And, oddly enough,we reviewed the 6th step.{I just so happen to be writing on it today} And, I do a daily inventory of what my character defects are. I have to face my mistakes and what I do wrong in order to grow, in the program and spiritually. Meditation every morning, makes it easier to get thru the day. If you don't know how to pray or forget, at night take your shoes and put them as far under the bed as you can. That way, in the morning you are inclined to get on your knees to reach them. Saying a little prayer along the way.
Just for today...I will be more willing to do the right thing ...