Old 06-13-2005, 06:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
wingsfreed

You're welcome G.....My name is Denise...Anthony is from my signature line...but that's ok you can call me whatever you like...ok ok within reason, haha.

I'm an alcoholic, I've been struggling a long time..recently put 30 days together with the help of my HP, I call God...all the wonderful people here, plus going to AA, I can't do it alone....I'm married to a drinker also, and get no support, how could I, right?

You bet she needs to stay away from users....she needs to change friends, if she goes to meetings she'll meet a lot of new people who will help her, and they totally understand....as well as you going to meetings to help deal with this.

What to avoid saying to her....yep don't you feel like you're walking on egg shells?...all I can tell you is don't ever be negative, be youreself, just not negative, she'll need all the possitive she can get right now. Most of us addicts are pulled to negative, well speaking for myself that is, and today I will avoid it at all costs.

Take care and go talk to someone, I bet a huge weight will be lifted off your shoulders knowing your not alone, and probably when she sees you helping yourself, that will re-enforce her more.

Anyway that's just my thoughts on this, take care of yourself, wishing you both the best in soon dancing in the light.

Check this part out, it's where you'll get more help Nar-Anon Boards

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...splay.php?f=23

Hugs....Denise..hey my middle name is Ann, hehe.