View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
damascus1986

Originally Posted by hopepraylove View Post
Hi,
When you say, "addicts can't stop alone," that leaves me with the impression that you think their "support system," shouldn't abandon them. But, doesn't that contradict your earlier response where you suggest we "leave them?"

Thank you for sharing your story, and congrats on the long-term sobriety!
Sometimes what we need the most is tough love. i said i belive "most" cant stop alone and stay stopped. I believe the theraputic value of one addict helping another is without parrallel. So i feel that while our loved ones want to help us sometimes the best thing they can do is let us hit our bottom ( especially if they have never been to alanon). The leave them comment is more for myself what i have told many girls i dated since i got clean. I honestly feel that just like i did in my past use if i ever did relapse I would hurt the ones closest to me and use their love for me against them. The old style motto of Na was " get busy living or get busy dying" the new motto is " keep coming back. i lean twards the first one a lil bit but they both have truth to them. I belive actions speak louder then words , Anyone can say " i want to get clean", or 'I want to change my life" action need to follow that or the word mean little we are master liars and manipulators.

For me to use again is worse then commiting suicide. Surely i would die or end up in jail or a hospital if im lucky. I would hurt everyone i loved on the way out and its the most selfish thing that i can do. So yes if i relapse and if i dont show any signs of change in a month or so leave me. As u suggested to the OP run . I feel the ones i love deserve better then that.

I realize that it is a mental disease that is incurable but treatable i just think some of us need tough love we often dont want to give up our drugs so easily and sometimes doubt a god thats carried us through so much. If it wasnt for my HP i never would have made it.