Thread: Failure
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Druwyd

Plan...chicken or the egg, justification or excuse. My doc claims my general pain level is likely to be perceived as less by my brain if I'm in better physical condition. That's also a theme I've seen repeated elsewhere in various ways. With no pain killers, I can walk or semi-fast walk, at best, for between 100 yards on the bad days to a half mile/mile on good days without having to stop repeatedly depending upon the day's starting pain level, the humidity, whether the barometric pressure is steady, rising or falling (yes, I'm actually serious) and a fluctuating and random stamina factors that vary but I've not been able to nail down and/or quantify. My aerobic conditioning is absolutely atrocious. Now, also w/o pain meds, if I strap up my lower back and neck tight, and for some exercises use a reinforced stool to sit on, I can bang out 1-5 sets of dumb bell routines for arms, shoulders, delts, pecs etc. The big problem rears its head when I try to do anything to stengthen quads, lower or mid back, and abs. Often times I may as well douse up with kerosene and toss a match cause I can get almost no effective work going with these muscle groups. Now Cthulhu rears his head. With meds, I can get some reps done. No great shakes and nothing like before the injuries, but something to build upon. So, yeah Dee, I'm pondering plan options, just which fork in the road to take and which has more potholes and IEDs than the other.