View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Originally Posted by StellaPolaris View Post
I had this strange conversation with an ex a few weeks ago. We haven’t been in touch since last year, so I told him I’m in AA and I realize I’m an alcoholic. He’s been very central in my drinking, and it was important to me to explain to him that I’ve changed a lot since he last saw me. His answer was like a slap in the face: “I’m sorry I did this to you”…

It felt like he stole my addiction and all responsibility from me. Like I could still admit to being an alcoholic, but now I could actually go back to drinking, pointing my finger at him. Too easy… All this work I’ve done, I own it. I also own all those dark days and everything that came from them.

I agree, Scott, semantics aren’t all that important. In this case though, it just hit the core somehow. Acceptance - to me - left no room for blaming others. It’s like the pieces finally fit. Funny these small epiphanies I keep experiencing.
Stella - imo, the difference between admitting and accepting is more than just semantics - Perhaps the point is more important in the program we both follow.

I can admit but not accept (believe) certain things. Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today - Pg. 449 - the most famous part of the Big Book......... for a reason.

Congratulations on 2 months!!!
Well Done!!