View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
TroyW

Hello everyone,

Well, looks like I'm on your timezone for a little. 7:30pm, just woke up, and made my first cup of coffee for the "morning". Oh well, this is actually nice to do once in a while anyway. All my clients are in North America and Europe, so this way I'm online while they're in the office.

Retread, sorry to hear you're down. Is there maybe something you can plan to help fill that week? Just a course to learn a language / cooking / whatever? Book club? Organize some nature outings with people, join a gym, volunteer somewhere, or anything? Hope you end the week feeling better than when you went into it.

bexxed, sorry to hear you're a little down as well. Sounds like you need some more self confidence. Me too. It's out to put yourself out there, overcome that fear, and leave your comfort zone in order to gain it though, eh? I know the feeling. Ironic thing is, when we do things like that, we're always proud of ourselves at the end, aren't we?

lovehoops, glad to hear your first day back went well. Here's to many more!

Sadie, sounds awesome, and love nature myself. Not much around here unfortunately, but have lived in some amazing areas in the past. Miss it. Hope you enjoy your beach walk.

Nah, haven't done anything with the monks yet, but that's still high priority for me. Tried the 6am thing a couple times, but both times ended up with shy guys who were basically intimidated by me. You know, white skin, perceived language barrier, white folk don't have the greatest stereotype here, average monk is all of 110lbs and I'm about 160lbs, etc. I'm really clean cut though -- clean shaven, short hair, dress younger, 5'8", could easily pass for 25 instead of 34, etc. So it's not like I'm some burly, intimidating guy.

This temple beside me I don't think is any good anyway. I think it's more less a living quarters than an actual temple. Plus it has about 150 stray dogs living there, so walking through the grounds is a pain, because you quickly end up with a pack of 30 dogs following you around, barking like crazy.

There's 4 other temples I know of that I'll check out. One is no good, because it's the largest in the region and is basically a symbolic site / tourist attraction. Another is no good because it's mainly for orphans / juvenile delinquents. Then there's two others I'm not sure about, and will check out. I'll go to the orphan one first though, and talk to a teacher or two, as they've seen me around the city over the years -- lived at the hotel just beside the temple a couple times for a few months each while my life was in flux.

Then there's some other things I want to do, but we'll see how those turn out. Need to get my sleep schedule back to normal again though.

Whew, once again, went on a tangent with a long post. Sorry about that. Can you tell I like to write?

Hope everyone is enjoying their day. Retread and bexxed, hang in there!