View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
hopepraylove

Originally Posted by damascus1986 View Post
if i had 5$ for every time i said " this is the last time " to my loved ones . Even now in recovery with a few years i tell girls i date, if i should relapes i dont plan on it but if i do. give me a ultimatum, put me in jail, do whatever you have to if you care about me at all. and if your with me for a month and im usuing and im not doing anything to stop LEAVE ME. be cause i will only harm you.

honestly my opinion is most addicts cant stop alone. i know i couldnt. i needed the steps i needed NA. and i needed someone to be hard on me before my drug use killed me.

and i needed to really want it. more then saying i wanted it i had to take action.

sorry if i seem a lil harsh or abrupt just for me it was life or death and i would have lied till i died if my loved ones didnt finally get a lil mean.
Hi,
When you say, "addicts can't stop alone," that leaves me with the impression that you think their "support system," shouldn't abandon them. But, doesn't that contradict your earlier response where you suggest we "leave them?"

Thank you for sharing your story, and congrats on the long-term sobriety!