View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
hopepraylove

Originally Posted by Blue21 View Post
Thanx for all the replies guys... really appreciate it....

I got really mad yesterday because he kept denying using even after i confronted him with the solid evidence... i know it was a really bad move to get angry as he is a bit unpredictable.... but he eventually started crying..... confessing that he used.... but he swears he only used once.... Tuesday.... and that it wont happen again....

Now I'm a complete idiot when it comes to these things... i always try to see the best in people and i trust easily.... forgive quickly.... but should i believe him? Is it possible that he only used once?
Oh sweetie,
This sounds so similar to my story. I found baking soda under our sink, a crack pipe in our bathroom. Confronted my XABF and he denied it, told me I was "crazy" that the paraphenilia is "old" from when he "used to use, he didn't know he even had it there anymore," etc. etc. Every lie in the book, every possible manipulation---I heard. I wanted to believe. He would say the same thing "I only used once" "I'm not USING" "It was just pot." Every. Possible. Excuse.

ZERO accountability=not ready to be sober.

I believed him, but (in hindsight I don't think I truly did).

My advice, and it is easier said than done...is to run. Run as quickly as you can to an alanon/naranon meeting.

If you need a friend, please PM me. It gets much worse before it gets better. (If it even does...)

Hugs.