Old 09-01-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
QuitForSon

Realized i have a bigger problem than i thought

I first quit drinking back in March (the 24th) because I new I had an issue with alcohol, I just didn't realize how bad the problem was/is since I was a so called high functioning alcoholic. I basically did what many overs have done which is quitting for 2 months and feeling great after the poison had left my system, started running and going to the gym, eating good ETC. Then of course I figured I could drink now and then like a so called normal drinker. I really believed like so many others that I could do it even though I read so many threads saying it wont work, I guess everyone thinks they are the exception. Anyways I started drinking now and then and was able to not drink everyday like before quitting so I though hey I can do it but it turns out that the addiction is very sneaky and wanted me to think that so I would get back to my old ways. The addiction almost has me back so that's why I am writing this as I refuse to let it beat me the sneaky bugger. So I am now starting again like so many others.

One thing I noticed is that once I started drinking again I would drink more than I used to and it would be harder to stop for the evening. I am guessing that my addiction was making up for those couple of months without any alcohol. Has anybody else experienced this sort of behavior.

Thanks,
Brian