View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 03:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
honeypig

imignoni, I think you should just let ABF and XGF get back together and count yourself lucky that you dodged the flying debris!

There is nothing in what you've posted that would make me think he is in any way looking to get sober. In fact, he's told you that in exactly those words, right? And until that happens, you can continue to expect more selfish, dishonest, disrespectful treatment from him.

I see you're new to the forum, and I hope you've gotten a chance to read around here. There are any number of posts that echo yours, so you know you're not alone in trying to find a way forward. Did you take a look at the stickies at the top of the page? This might be a good one to start with:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...l-problem.html

Alanon is also a great resource for education and face-to-face support. You might check into them, or else Celebrate Recovery, which some folks prefer.

You can't save him, and you can't save the relationship all by yourself, but you surely can save yourself. You're in the right place to get help w/that. Keep on reading, keep on posting. Gradually you'll start to see your path. Wishing you strength and clarity.