View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
SportsFan15

Hi Freddie, I can totally relate!! Im 34 single no kids. If i may suggest what helped me: therapy, learning about codependency, learning about "differentiating" from my parents, decreasing contact, and being VERY specific with boundaries. "Mom, when you talk about X, I'm going to switch the subject or stop the conversation. " I explained "I want an ADULT relationship with you, not a child relationship." And I'm sorry to be blunt but "mothers worry" is a b.s. excuse for BAD BOUNDARIES. I worry about a lot of things but putting my worry on others would be MY fault, not theirs. I've said to mom before "i cannot help you with your feelings on this."

Sorry but I could write a book about how my life changed when I realized poor boundaries were at the CORE of my addictions. And at the core of all my poor boundaries was guess who? Me and my mother. I'm part to blame because I never differentiated and set boundaries.

Now that I have set boundaries (I started boundary - setting the beginning of 2015 with a therapists help), I'm finally feeling free of the extreme anger of feeling trapped and repressed. You deserve the same!