Old 08-31-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Andante

So why limit my trust in God to my work life? If I’ve taken Steps 2 and 3 and really “let go absolutely,” then I should be able to relinquish all worry and care in my life, not just in the area of my employment. Who needs prudence when I have God on my side? I can take any risk I want — play on the freeway, handle snakes, put all my money in acai berry futures — and be completely carefree of the consequences because I’ve chosen to let God do all the managing. If things don’t turn out well — if I’m struck by a car, get fatally bitten, or lose all my savings — it’s God’s will, not mine. Right?

Wait, you say I’m being ridiculous? That there’s obviously a difference between the mild risk of negative consequences to “coming out” about my recovery in the workplace, and the crazy reckless risks mentioned above?

Well, then how do you define or quantify that difference? Where exactly do you draw the line for what's an "acceptable" risk and what isn't? After all, either I trust God or I don’t, right?