View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
PurpleKnight

By the end of my drinking career, alcohol no matter how small in volume made me very ill for a few a days, people used to talk about 48hr or 72hr hangovers, well I came to realise them in a very real way!!

With regards damage, the body is a fantastic piece of kit, if you've cut all the way down to drinking 1 day out of each month, I'm sure the body is getting the repair time it needs and by going completely Sober even more so, any serious concerns though should always be addressed to a Dr!!

I learnt a while ago that alcohol is not in any way the centre of the social universe, everyone doesn't drink, we only think they do, and why wouldn't we? we surrounded ourselves with people that drink, we hung out in places that have alcohol, every time we did anything socially there was alcohol, but it's a myth, the world does not revolve around alcohol.

At the end of the day we gotta accept the cards we've been dealt, people with allergies such as nuts, seafood, gluten, they don't complain about wanting to be normal, they get on with life and deal with it, and so it has to be the same way forward with an allergy to alcohol!!

You can do this!!