Old 08-29-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
JOIE12

I cannot speak for everyone or every situation only what I have witnessed ....

detox and rehab - standard learning curve - they are told that the people around them (regardless of friendship, family or codependent) will not work any longer if they wish to be clean. they are told that a romantic relationship is not possible for at least a year of sobriety.

In my opinion - no one is a good partner if addicted to any drug including suboxone.

I have not witnessed one single addict using suboxone to stay clean. It begins that way but many confess after the fact that they knew at the beginning that they would not continue when away from the program. They could continue to get their scripts and fake the urine test (swab cannot be faked) but would sell them (minus the wrap to turn in to program dr) and always keep one for emergency. This is a mess to manage as it usually fails and they can lie for a period of time but it catches up with them eventually.

Most that I witnessed - picked up the scripts, sold them and bought heroin/coke.

Just the energy expended monitoring an addict is exhausting. It depletes us physically, mentally and spiritually. We become an extension of the addict and it slowly kills us. Just as it is them.

Ask yourself why any person is worth more than your sanity ? Why would someone mean more to you than you mean to yourself - for the people in your life who love and care about you and spend time showing you that ? Are you addicted to the drama and adrenalin and make up/break up cycle ?

We know because we have been there. He is poison for your mind. I don't speak to sound callous or cause you any pain but please think and rethink and then go out and do something new - alone is good - something that you have always been afraid or hesitant to do. Allow yourself to feel the success of conquering that fear. It will help you to release all of the bad feelings and frustration and it instantly builds your confidence ... in you.

I truly wish you nothing but the greatest stuff but I will bet my life on it that it wont be with this person. hugs