View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Marcher13

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I should add, successful business are often sold and people can retire, I am not one of them. Liquidating my equipment and selling my accounts will merely bring in enough money to square away existing debt. So its a total loss, and that's what hurts the most. Endless hours of effort....and in the end, nothing-zero. It sucks.
Oh no Jeff, it was not a "total loss" or "zero", don't say that and don't think it. How could your business be a total loss or zero when for the last decade or so you've made a living from it, given other people jobs and produced beautiful landscaping?

Most small businesses are like yours and mine, we live week to week "getting by" and when the time comes to sell or close down we maybe get out debt free.

The business has contributed to who and what you are today. You had the gumption to take a risk going into it, you persevered through to build it up, you learned to employ good workers and keep them happy, you managed to map out work and get it done. You are a different and better person today because of your business, for what you gave it and it gave you.

It's going to be a lucky employer who gets you Jeff.