Thread: Step 1
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 10:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sarahjangel1
Just for today...

Step 5.."We admitted....

"We admitted to God,to ourselves,and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs"
The 5th step is the key to freedom.It allows us to live clean in the present.Sharing the exact nature of our wrongs sets us free to live. Holding on to our past would eventually sicken us and keep us from taking part in our new way of life.If we are not honest, we will have the same negative results that dishonesty brought us in the past.We know that another addict would be less likely to judge us with malice or misunderstanding. Our fellow members do understand us.Although we often appeared attractive and confident on the outside, we were really hiding a shaky, insecure person on the inside. We see by the acceptance of our confidant, that we can be accepted just the way we are.

Sometimes for me, its hard to say when I am wrong. My pride gets in the way. But I have to remember to be humbled. It takes a bigger person to admit when they are wrong. It also, makes the heart grow bigger, and easier to live with.