View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Wisconsin

I tried a bunch of times to start a new thread with this update, but it just won't go. So...I feel like I'm making good progress.

I'd say I am about 1/3 packed at this point, which is GREAT considering I didn't think I would be able to pack much of anything prior to the day of the move. My girls' room is 90% done, since they aren't here and they won't be back until after the move. I've gone through my little guy's toys and pulled out what I'm taking--amazingly, it's not much. When I split from my first husband, I really did take about half of the girls' toys with me. But my little guy...he has TONS of stuff, most of it bought by my AH (compensating for so little time spent together, perhaps?) No child needs even 10% of the toys he has.

Got my sewing and knitting stuff packed up. I've been worried about how to respond when my son asks about the boxes (I don't want to talk to him about it quite yet if I don't have to...he will bring it up to my AH on the phone, and it will likely send my AH into a tizzy), but he hasn't even asked about them. So I'm just carrying on for another day or so before I tell him, and thanking my HP for the reprieve. I think he will be OK with it. He's only 5, and he is VERY aware of all of the fighting and comments on it regularly.

As of right now, my AH still thinks he will be back on Sunday. It's hard not to sit and worry about how things will be if he does in fact get back before I move on Monday, but I'm trying hard to just turn that over to my HP. It helps that I'm keeping busy with work (not that I've been very productive this week) and packing.

Love you guys!