View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
coloradochemist

Hello fellow August 2015-ers. I have been lurking for a while but finally decided to post. Today is day 11 for me. I am still having crummy sleep patterns and crazy mood swings. There are plenty more withdrawal issues but those have been the most bothersome up until now.

I have had no big cravings for alcohol yet, but I do want to drink from time to time to feel "normal" even though I know that is not really normal at all. One big caveat to my sobriety is that I am a whiskey chemist (I test whiskey for purity daily), so that is a challenge even though beer was my alcohol of choice. But then again I have never drank at work, so why would I start now.

I am really happy (as happy as a person in withdrawal can be) to be sharing this struggle with all of you. I am proud to be in the August 2015 class even if I wish I would have come to this realization long before, it is never too late. Keep up the good fight everyone and thanks for all the great things I have read thus far. I look forward to posting and sharing more as I progress through this challenge.