View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 05:52 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
namommy

Originally Posted by godsonmyside
When we discovered that we cannot live with or without drugs, we sought help through N.A. rather than prolong our suffering. The Program works a miracle in our lives. We become different people. The steps and abstinence give us a daily reprieve from our self-imposed life sentences. We become free to live.
I realized that I couldn't live with or without drugs long before I actually sought help through NA. I had been introduced to the program, but didn't think it was for me. (I honestly thought it was a cult). It wasnd't until I had gone just about everywhere else, and they didn't work, that I finally decided to give it a try. When I put an effort into it and actually SOUGHT help from NA,it worked.

This program has worked miracles in my life. I spoke at a meeting last night, and alot about the miracles of this program came out of my mouth. Talk about being a different person. It is truly a miracle when a Kensington Avenue ***** can change and become a respectable member of society. That in NA, a ***** CAN become a housewife.

Going to jail wasn't the worst for me. It gave me a break. Being out there and being imprisoned on the street. A captive of this disease, that was a harsh sentence.

I had to lose my freedom to realize that I never was free. I put my all into this program, and today, I am truly FREE.