View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
BobBFree33

Originally Posted by angd1978 View Post
I don't even know what day I am on but nearing two months soon..
Day 54 you you, me and tokidoki.

My daughter had to have an emergency colonoscopy a few years ago. They diagnosed her with irritable bowel syndrome. They put her on meds and she got better. I had it when I got my first job. I'm thinking positively for you and hope it is nothing serious.

Another new, strange, different day for me. As a runner I basically got injured all the danged time. So I had to quit a lot to let my injuries heal.
Every single time I quit running, I'd always increase the drink or start back drinking if I had stopped.

But not this time. The difference is my belief system, and de-mythologizing alcohol. But it goes farther than that. This de-bunking of the BS goes for anything bad we do to ourselves that is not healthy. Letting others tell us what is important, what is valued, how to think, and how to be happy are included too.

Like I said before; 50 years ago if you were not a smoker you were an oddball, not a "mature adult".

Now if you are not a Red-bull-guzzling, parachute-jumping, ultra-marathon vegan, vodka-downing, get-it-all-on-gopro, "radical" with 10,000 followers then: you aint nuthin! So easy to buy into that crap, and, for at least a bit of it I did. But no more.

Have a great eve and early morn folks.