Old 08-26-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
SoberRunner
30 Days & Under Club

Originally Posted by Dave42001 View Post
I've worked for some huge Fortune 100 companies.. HP, Dell in my career. Most people THINK human resource, I.e. HR are out for their best interest but in my experience it's just the opposite!! Like other members said, I give them 110%when I'm in the office but when I leave I don't tell anyone nada other than close friends.. You're just a number that's located on your badge!!!
Agreed!! Both of my parents (and an uncle) are executives for Fortune 100 companies... Ever since I've been in the workplace they've insisted I keep my personal life separate from my work life. I ignored their advice on my first job; never again!!

Co-workers will pretend not to judge you but it's human nature--they'll judge you. Try getting a (significant) promotion or attempting to move into leadership role when your co-workers and bosses know you're in AA, NA, etc. I highly doubt it'll happen--and I'd never recommend anyone to take a chance by being "open and honest" with your personal life in the workplace--but I guess one can always 'chance it'? That said, I guess it depends on your career goals within said company.