Old 08-26-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

^^^^^^Same page, you and me there Unc!

I don't care who I'm working for, what my job is, what my title is...... I'm honest about my life, my past and what I'm doing now.

"......a way of life which demands rigorous honesty" means, to me, a way of life which demands rigorous honesty. So the question came to me at x-months, "What areas of my life am I not being honest about? " and the tougher next one was, "what areas of my life am I still playing God......refusing to practice turning over.......refusing to trust God with?" One of them was my work life. I was a commission based financial planner. I handled LOTS of money for very wealthy ppl and I was SURE I'd lose their business if I told them I'd been wasted for the past 15 years.

"The spiritual life is not a theory, it has to be lived" right? So how do I live a spiritual life? Well, maybe I try trusting God with my work-life and quit trying to manage and control it. "God's either everything or nothing" right? So if I don't practice trusting God with things like my work life it means I'm choosing nothing. I didn't like the way a future looked with my 2nd step choice being "God is nothing......I'll handle X, Y and Z as I see fit.: