Old 08-26-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
HoneyBadger1
Grateful Member

AnvilheadII - Yup, I'm worth more than a booty call.

FeelingGreat - great advice...I know that I would get sucked back in if I had any contact. And I can't block him because of our phone plan - went to the phone store this morning. But I can put a filter on which is almost as good.

doggonecarl - How can I argue with that And thanks to you, I decided to write myself list of all the "wrongs" that he committed, and keep it with me at all times. That way when I am feeling nostalgic, I can whip that paper out and read it all over again. Why is it that we so easily let go of the bad stuff, but the good stuff seems to linger? I would like to have my entire memory of him erased - good and bad.

And I didn't respond to him, so I'm happy about that - I just wish it didn't hurt so much. I'm working on re-establishing friendships, attending al-anon meetings daily and generally trying to get back out into the world.

He sent me a second message this morning, claiming that he must have sent me a text in his sleep, and that he was sorry for sending something so inappropriate. So glad I didn't respond. Nothing good can come from it. I just need reminding once in a while. Old patterns are very, very hard to break.

HB