View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ClimbingOut1982

Am I being too hard on him...?

I had another discussion w/ my AH last night. It definitely did not go so well. I felt like he turned everything around on me. I'm being hypocritical because I've been sober less than a month. I'm being judgmental about his drinking. I've changed and he hasn't. I'm making these decisions to not be affectionate and loving.

I told him I'm just sick of it and I can't see him like this anymore. He finally admitted that he's fundamentally unhappy w/ his life and that's why he drinks. It's his "escape." I asked him what we can do to change this, go talk to someone? He's completely against therapy, says it's not going to make a difference. I just don't know what to do for him anymore.

I feel angry....but am I being too hard on him? Am I being hypocritical? Is it too early in my own recovery to be dealing w/ him? But as I told him, I have to live w/ him every day and I just don't know how I feel right now...I feel like my 13 year relationship is just collapsing right now and I don't know what to do...