View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
letitgo

Originally Posted by Cbf123 View Post
Hey guys. Feeling pretty damn low today. I messed up. I had family come into town that we very rarely see and ended up drinking. It was nobody's fault but my own, and I'm so angry at myself. Waking up today, feeling crap, disappointed, sluggish and ill. I know this doesn't change my efforts for the past month, in fact if you'd have said that I would only drink once in a month a while back I'd have taken that, but I'm so disappointed in myself for not showing resolve, for being complacent, and ultimately for taking that first beer.

I'm not letting this be the end of my efforts. I'm stepping it up again, putting all the systems in place that have seen me through the past month, and making sure that I don't balls things up again. I feel embarrassed typing all this out after all the strength and help I've taken from here in the past month. Things need to change in my head and in my heart to stop this from happening again.

Glad your back CBF
This is my 3rd go at sobriety CBF. Its nots easy to acheive. Breaking the chains of lifeling habits take time. Read somewhere else on the forum that its very important if you slip to not slid also. Great metaphor slipnslide. I slid my last 2 times. Meaning you just go right back to you old ways. It sounds like you already recognized the issue here and are back on the right path.
I relapsed at a party. I did so well for 3 months and was with coworkers. 90 day curse lol
When we feel to comfortable its time to recognize what is really going on.
SR has chats at 9pm est tuesday and friday. The last 2 topics where complacency and what do you when things get hard. Really great discussions and topics to think about. Hard to make depending on where you live but i know BBB said they have smart meetings also. I beleive the meetings really help.