Thread: Remembering
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 01:14 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
MythOfSisyphus

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
I used to have such good times with my mom and grandma! They both had great senses of humor. My grandma recalled a story about when they owned a restaurant and lived above it. My mom would come downstairs and sit with the patrons and start babbling about whatever. The customers loved her (age 3-4). One couple started telling her how cute she was and mom said something like "I'm cute and not constipated like my sister". She meant to say "conceited" Too funny.
That's a hoot! I hope that with time the good memories will grow stronger while the pain fades. My dad passed away a few years ago, too, and while I still miss him terribly thinking of him doesn't make me as sad as it used to. I think of the good times we had and it makes me feel like he's right by my side. I'm not a religious person, and I don't really know if we have souls or spirits that endure. But I do know that as long as I'm a live a piece of my dad will always live on in my heart. Hopefully you'll always carry a piece of those you love in yours.