View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
ClimbingOut1982

Originally Posted by Upwardspiral View Post

Day 36 for me and I've been okay. As soon as a thought of drinking slips in I go on lock down. Don't even like to look at booze labels or hear people talking about drinking. Still very protective of myself right now. However I did watch The Graduate tonight. At least the boozing in that film is not depicted in an especially romantic light.
I understand what you're saying. I started watching the new season of True Detective the other night and was thinking to myself "man, they drink a lot in this show." It's interesting how much more hyper aware of it I've become. But also thinking "what's the point? Why are they doing that to themselves?"

I'm trying to stay strong and focused today, but I find myself thinking about "not drinking" 90% of the day. I'm just wondering if it'll ever lessen? I quit smoking years ago and only have fleeting thoughts every once in a while, usually only when I was drinking. I'm glad I'm not poisoning myself anymore, but I just wonder to myself, will it get easier?