View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
letitgo

Originally Posted by BobBFree33 View Post
letitgo I agree this time period is difficult. I'm finishing up 51 days. It's been long enough now that the early fires that burned to keep us sober have simmered down a bit. But not quite long enough that the new patterns are ingrained. I'm having to dig up some anti-brainwashing material from Allen Carr to refresh my memory.

I'm also in a bit of pain with my right knee. I'm going to have to stop running at least for a while and I have relied on it somewhat in my sobriety. But I've neglected my upper body so I bought some 20 lb dumbbells tonight and started using them. And, prior to being a runner I really enjoyed walking. Actually, if I can simply leave the house for a bit when I get home for a walk or even a drive that suits my purpose sobriety-wise. Just so I"m doing something during my danger zone, it does not matter what it is.

I continue to be thankful to be sober. My mind is clear and my anxiety is staying low. I'm using my tools to work on the stress I felt the last time I got to this point.

Have a nice sober evening...or morning UK'ers.
Bob, i think you add a lot our class thank you. I like how you put that about the fire weakening. On friday the SR chat meeting was about complacency. Feeling too comfortable. I also found this quote from someone on another thread. The whole paragraph is stolen and i dont remeber who i stole it from so i appologize in advance

This statement summed up my sentiments well though - "Often the people who relapse have stopped engaging in the recovery-oriented practices that served them well during their earlier sobriety. We certainly need to learn more about what factors protect such people from relapse, and what factors predispose them to returning to addictive use."
Psychology Today

Sidebar. I have been at my company for 10 years almost but technolgy is eliminating my job slowly. You said along time ago never let yourself be boxed in. I think i am going to look for another job as a just in case. I have been complacent there. Maybe make a move if it feels right. We have had a ton of turnover and my boss left. Writing on the wall.

Thanks again Bob