View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
maia1234

Ls- good for you that you are reaching out for "help". I too lived with an Alcoholic for 34 years. I could take it, till I couldn't take it any longer. You get to that point. Just like Forourgirls said, you have no idea how nice it is with out them in your home or life.

Dont get me wrong, I still love my XAH. I just chose to no longer live with him and enable him to be drunk and awful. I got tired of always doing everything that needed to be done, as he was bored with doing stuff around the house. I was so co dependent. I allowed so much abuse for so long, I had no idea it was so wrong.

I got to the point that I was enabling him to kill himself, and he wasn't going to do that on my watch. So I ended the marriage. Hardest thing I did in my life but the best thing I have ever done for me in my life. I sleep, I smile, I'm not angry, or resentful, as I was always worring. My life has so changed for the better. I figured he was going to kill himself with me or with out me and I didn't want to watch it any longer, he can do it on his own.

Keep reading and educating yourself. You are worth so much more then him, hugs my friend!!!!