View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
BobBFree33

letitgo I agree this time period is difficult. I'm finishing up 51 days. It's been long enough now that the early fires that burned to keep us sober have simmered down a bit. But not quite long enough that the new patterns are ingrained. I'm having to dig up some anti-brainwashing material from Allen Carr to refresh my memory.

I'm also in a bit of pain with my right knee. I'm going to have to stop running at least for a while and I have relied on it somewhat in my sobriety. But I've neglected my upper body so I bought some 20 lb dumbbells tonight and started using them. And, prior to being a runner I really enjoyed walking. Actually, if I can simply leave the house for a bit when I get home for a walk or even a drive that suits my purpose sobriety-wise. Just so I"m doing something during my danger zone, it does not matter what it is.

I continue to be thankful to be sober. My mind is clear and my anxiety is staying low. I'm using my tools to work on the stress I felt the last time I got to this point.

Have a nice sober evening...or morning UK'ers.