Thread: seroquel ???
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 08:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Opiate_addictsu

Originally Posted by shestruggles
Hi all.

Just got back from doctor, talking about my never-ending battle with getting of the xanax completely. I have (over the last 6 weeks) cut my daily dose in half, but due to some very traumatic events in my life (last week or so) have found the anxiety literally paprlyzes me. Can't get out of bed, can't function. Basically, I am regressing and real pi$$ed that this is happening now that I am finally on my to recovery (I'm on suboxone & am responding very well to it - no cravings and huge steps in re-structuring my life). So, there is NO WAY IN HE!! I would consider using dope to deal with my issues - that's not the problem - it's the freakin anxiety and my desire to live without ANY narcotics (which includes my prescribed xanax)

Anyhow, today doc gave me some seroquel and said to take it before bed, but not much else. I know my sister takes it for BPD, and have noticed a few folks on the forum take it. My question is - what is it intended for? I always thought it was an anti-psychotic. I have a small dose (25mg) that I am supposed to take every night, but would like some additional info? Anyone??

Thanks - you all rock!

Much Love: SS
Hey There, I am bipolar and am prescribed Lithium(for mania) and Seroquel for sleep, it is intended to help with the Mania of the BPD DISORDER AND FOR the most part works well, In the mornings it takes awhile to get out of the Seroquel haze, but anything is better than the xanax addiction i had for the last 5 years, be careful Xanax attacks the central nervous system in the same way Oxy's do which makes it extremely hard to kick, I had to go to Detox for a week to help with my withdrawl, They encouged the use of Seroquel for sleep I take 100mg every night, If i feel its too much I only take half.Bipolar is no joke and I have been self medicating myself for yeARS, i AM EXTREMELY GRATEFUL FOR THE INSIGHT i HAVE RECEIVED FRM NA AND AA, AND i just recently discovered this website and its been a blessing, Thanks for sharing all your stories, Even though Seroquel is a anti-psycotic it works wonders for many other things.One day at a time, Recovering Opiate addict. :hello2 :hello2