View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MrCC

Anyone having these symptoms?

Hello I am new here and am hoping for some feedback on some symptoms I am having. I have been 13 years a heavy drinker and smoker of cigarettes and quit both 27 days ago. I got the proper meds from my doctor for the alcohol withdrawal so no issue there.

About 16 days into my detox I was having general tingling in my left foot and hand. That wasn't much of an issue because I read about potential withdrawal symptoms and that was included. Here is where it got weird for me and has continued up to day 27 today.

I started getting these rushes of numbness in my left foot, hand and lips all at once that would last for maybe 10 to 15 seconds. When it first happened it scared the crap out of me because I thought I was having a stroke.

So off the the ER I went and they did blood work, chest xray, EKG, CT of head and neck, echocardiogram of my heart and neck and a MRI with contrast of my head and neck. All came back negative and they ruled out stroke or TIA's. Ok great I'm not dying...

Well here I am ten days later and I am having it all the time. I can be walking, stand up to quick, playing with my dog. It's a very odd sensation when it happens. Just a onset of numbness in my left foot lower calf, left hand and left side of my lips. Pretty much every time I walk around and not it just keeps going until I stop walking and either sit or lay down.

Has anyone on here experienced anything like this? If so please share with me your experience so I don't feel like I am going crazy.

(Also, I actually went back to the ER yesterday because it was happening so much and they checked everything out again and told me they believe I am suffering from Alcoholic Neuropathy.) Again any feed back or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. God bless.