Thread: Step 1
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 06:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sarahjangel1
Just for today...

Step 4...We made..

"We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves."

The purpose of a searching and fearless moral inventory is to sort through the confusion and contradiction of our lives. We have found that fear is a lack of faith, and we have found a loving,personal God to whom we can turn. Honest self-assessment is one of the keys to our new way of life. We found that we do not recover physically,mentally,or spiritually overnight. Step 4 will help us toward our recovery. We are surprised to find good points in our inventory. We are trying to free ourselves of living in old,useless patterns. We take the 4th step to grow and gain strength and insight. We start the 4th step and let go of fear. Our wills and our lives are now in the hands of our Higher Power. We begin to get in touch with ourselves. We learn that pain can be a motivating factor in recovery. When we pray and take action, it always goes better for us. We are not going to be perfect, the important thing is we do our best.
As for me...it is only just for today...whatever I can do today to stay clean...I will..