Thread: Am I wrong??
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dorothytx

Am I wrong??

I got on here because I so desperately need experienced advice. My boyfriend I believe is an alcoholic. He comes home from work and can clear a pint of vodka, two twisted tea cans and a couple shots of mini shot bottles in about 4 hours max. Usually it is more like a half handle 6 days a week. And thats just what I see happening. I am constantly finding him passed out of the couch, the floor trying to make it to bed, the toilet, kitchen floor etc. I carry him to bed because I cant help but be nice. Or I find him crying drunk in the shower, laying having panic attacks often. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night to check on him and I get blasted with hurtful words about how I dont care, having nothing in common (pretty much because I dont drink because that the only thing he comes up with when I say what is it we don't have in common) or how I am always trying to change him. Mind you he does know i am not a fan of having him get drunk daily because I would like to have nice evenings at dinner or watching a movie, not watching him drink shots after shots. Yet I feel like the crazy one for wanting that!

So my question is....is this all too much? That amount of alcohol on a daily basis in that short of time, seems so unhealthy and dangerous. Not to mention the ugly comments or embarassing dinners with friends where he picks fights. When I try to express my feelings and cry because I want a fullfilling relationship he says maybe I should drink or that I dont have to stay or what do i want him to say. It sucks because when he is not so drunk or first wakes up sober, he is amazing, loving, he takes care of me and protects me, supports me etc. But i know all that isnt really enough to take the mean things and watching him drink away his life, and get the shakes if he doesn't drink. I just need to know some opinions on others of the situation. I wish he would get help, but he is in denial and I know it is his decision. I don't know how to help him, I love him but the verbal abuse isnt something someonr should take just because they love and want to see the best for someone..right? See, I am clearly in trouble and questioning myself!! Help!!