View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  
gleefan

Itchy - I really appreciated your perspective on family dynamics in response to FBL's situation earlier in the thread. The specifics don't apply to me but the big picture points you made about guilt cut me straight to the heart. I didn't want the thread to pass without mentioning how strongly your perspective spoke to me!

I'm glad to see that everyone continues to do well.

FBL - Glad you were able to clear up the issues with your mom and brother.

Mags - I think keeping my tools sharp is what helps me keep the space between myself and cravings to drink. The gratitude I've cultivated for my life (today, as is, present tense) helps me see I have "too much" to lose by giving in to a craving.

Ip - Great job getting to the gym!

Toots - Running with weights! I give anyone credit who runs, let alone than while carrying more of a load than is necessary!!

OLL - It's really great to see that you're pushing through some of that discomfort and making it to meetings.

Drake - What?? My hearing has been fragile since repeated ear infections in my childhood. It doesn't help that I've had jobs in loud workplaces over the past 8 years. I hope the aids work out well for you.

Saskia - That hearing aid Bluetooth technology sounds cool.

Gilmer - I'm glad that someone chose to be kind to you, rather than make your life difficult. Today a cashier at Target offered me a coupon I didn't know about. To see someone be nice because it's right is a lovely sight to see!!

SoberWolf - Sorry about your troubles with your family. My mom is pretty stuck in her unhealthy behaviors. It can immensely frustrate me! This is where I find I need to work on acceptance.

It's great to see everyone and great to be sober going into the weekend! Good night!