View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mark1014

Good morning phoebe, glad you got some extra zzzz's this morning.

My weekend plans will involve a good bit of time on the laptop....but I also may work on an outside project I've been putting off due to the heat.

I own a business that falls under the healthcare umbrella. It started off as a partnership years ago and while it was still struggling to get off the ground my partner pulled out. This individual is wealthy and it wasn't a big deal for them, but it left me holding the basket with all my eggs in it. This was the same year that my father was in his last months of life and my mother was also recovering from cancer. My grandmother passed away as well. I had tremendous financial stress which I shielded from my family because of the other things going on. It took a toll on me and I probably should have not handled it that way.

I have an educational background in my specific area and also had gotten an MBA.....but it was mostly working my tail off for years that ultimately resulted in things really taking off in the past number of years. Thankfully we're enjoying significant growth....but these things have to be handled with care. I feel the pressure at times of the employees I have that depend on me to make good decisions. Anyway, we are expanding the scope of my business and it has involved a significant investment in equipment/training etc.. All good stuff, but its a whirlwind of things that I have to be on top of so that I can provide leadership.