Old 08-20-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Feltthefear

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Ugh, that is frustrating, but as others have said I would lean toward the psychological side of things. I don't have a penis, but am a very enthusiastic female with a satisfying and active intimate life. However, since getting sober- this time, and other times- I do notice a drop in interest. I don't feel the need to share complete specifics, but my rapport with my boyfriend has generally been very regular no matter the circumstances. However, when detoxing from alcohol and attempting sobriety I find I have little interest and cannot even muster up the slightest enthusiasm if only for his pleasure, I just don't want to. And I've decided that that is ok. It is a time that my body and mind are adjusting and I have other things that are taking priority physically, mentally and spiritually. Making love encompasses all of those things and if the energy if placed elsewhere it is difficult to make it happen. For a female it might be more complex because we don't have one, general landmark to go off of- an erection- but rather a whole host of things. For a male, even though all of those things are there, or not there as the case may be, it is easier to make a concrete judgement based on the lack of erection.
I can understand your frustration, but I wouldn't let that stop you from reaching your goal. From experience I can tell you that making love sober is exceptionally more satisfying due to the genuine emotions and vulnerability.
It is worth waiting for.
Give it a little more time and if nothing changes see your doctor.
Thank you, you're right as others have also said, focusing on ones self is the most important, its just that i've never really been a sexual person and its scary to think this could be the nail in the coffin for my sexuality as im still young and it was already a source of insecurity for me.

making love sober is wonderful when you're in love thats for sure.