View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
humming bird

TGIF- I have had a good week after all!!

Well, it is Friday night and here I am. Actually there is no place I would rather be or I would be there. (HEHE)

It started out cr@p$y. Tuesday morning AH said "Have dinner ready at 5:00 to 5:30 and we would talke about his rehab program. He even had literature for the program. Well, many many hours later he showed up drunk and abusive. He left- thank God.

Wedsday, I went to the counselor and he told me to watch out for the next step. The next step was for AH to become really mean. He has explained to me that not only do I have an AH, I also have a sober abusive husband. When the abusive person realizes they are losing control they can not handle it - or so the counselor told me.

Thursday morning AH came over and was sober but was screaming and yelling like crazy. However, this time I was prepared thanks to the counselor. Then later I went to a good (first one with this group) Alanon meeting the counselor told me about. It is about 20 miles away but they are a great group and I look forward to a good realationship. The drive is not so bad as it is a very pretty drive.

Friday- it is a month!!! 4 whole weeks I have not had to leave or be abused. AH has been gone now for 4 weeks.
I took the day off from the farm and cow thing and played with the horses. The horses were "It,s about time - where have you been?"" The boys got a bath and a shave. I must say they look really handsome!!! I had so much fun!!!!

Tonight, it is quiet and peaceful. Yes, I am all by myself but I would not change a thing!!! I finding out I am a very peaceful person.

Thank you all for all the help and direction you have given me. I just hope I can stay strong!!!