View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Crois thank you so very much for opening up your heart like that . I could feel between the lines how much you loved him & he you .

Drinking can be so cruel. I actually can't believe how similar you and I are , it's incredible .
I've never divulged this to anyone before , but I had an affair with the love of my life whilst I was still married. Mark and I were together for the kids basically. We fell out of love many years before.

I had known him for many years . He wanted to marry me and I wanted to be with him . We Connected so well and I loved him deeply.

It was too complicated & the kids were still young . I needed to put more energy into them.

He told me he would always wait for me , but of course that's just not being realistic.
I was devastated when he met someone else , but he had given me many opportunities to change my mind.

He moved on , I stayed in a loveless marriage , started drinking & I still think of him .

I think of what a huge mistake I made and how different my life would be.
We also saw each other at a funeral of a mutual friend .
The look between us was still there & all those feelings came rushing back.

There was never any real closure , we never had an argument , but it was just unfinished. He is a beautiful person.

Still with the same girl and has Two young children now.

Life .... Sigh

I hope no one thinks bad of me as that was a very long time ago.

I've ALWAYS felt I made the wrong choice.

Thanks for sharing Crois

I
Crois and Snooz; these posts remind me of a book "The Bridges of Madison County". Have either of you read it; it was also made into a movie with Merryl Streep and Clint Eastwood. The book is better than the movie.