View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
onmyownrecovery

How to get sober in secret

Hi, I am new. I am an alcoholic. I know this. I don't need to drink every day but I think about drinking every day, and when I do drink (anywhere from 3-5 days a week depending on how stressed out I am) I don't know when to stop. I have a beautiful 2 year old daughter that I love more than life itself. I have a husband who loves me (I am not sure how I feel about him anymore but this is a different story). And I have a family who loves me. My problem (other than my alcoholism), I don't (I can't) want to tell them how much of a problem I have. I am scared to death they will see me as an unfit mother. Who knows - my in laws might try to take her away from me. I never drink and drive with her in the car, and when I am alone with her at home I try to wait until she goes to bed. But, I don't want people to think I can't take care of my child. I want to get better but I am not sure how to do it in secret. I can tell my mom (she struggles with alcohol like I do) but I don't want the rest of my family to think of me differently.

Does anyone have any advice? Anyone sober up in secret? Thanks.