View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
jaynie04

LOL, the dreaded drinking muffin top! Yes, I had always been fairly thin but in the last few years of drinking I had packed on around 30 pounds. When I first got sober I decided that was the priority, staying sober come hell or high water. Ben and Jerry moved in, Godiva set up shop, and I would roll around on the floor with Twizzlers and sour patch kids daily.

Meanwhile I kept reading about everyone here who was so healthy and exercising and juicing. I was sitting on the couch binge watching Dexter and Breaking Bad and the landscape littered with Red Bulls and Hershey's Kiss wrappers wasn't pretty.

Surprisingly about 10 pounds came off anyway. Last summer I joined the fitbit group here, I had been avoiding exercise for the most part. My husband said "that'll last a week". This July was a year and this month I am in the top 20 of everyone born in my year (1965) around the world, about 700 people. I average about 10 miles a day. The weight fell off, yay! I walk in my driveway at night after everyone goes to bed, (ok, I know a little weird). It is so quiet and I have watched the moon wax and wane and had encounters with raccoons, and deer and last week a skunk (I went in and got a handheld vacuum to scare him away. I realized the next day crazy lady standing in the driveway at 11 pm running the vacuum…might surprise anyone that I was sober!!!).

So from couch surfing to regaining my athletic prowess and I can 100% attribute it to the fact that I quit drinking.