View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
SnoozyQ

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Snooz, you have much to live for. Drinking is a slow ugly suicide that kills us from the inside out. Only now am I starting to realise who I am and still have revealations like, "oh, that's right, I used to like doing xyz"....it's almost like I've had to relearn how to be not only a human, but learn and discover who I was meant to be.

Yes, I'm enjoying walking to work a few days a week, and slowly losing the last bit of my drinking weight. I am now 18 kilos lighter since I began my quest to stop drinking 2 years ago, the last 9 have only been in the last 3 months. (I had some yo yoing in there too last year - I could never crack this last 7 though, so I'm glad that is finally gone.)

Stabilising my food stabilises my mood, and that contributes to keeping me protected from extreme highs and lows. I know that now. I had to do a lot of listening to my body, being quiet and being prepared to stop binge eating down my worries and woes. (There have been times where I've swapped out my addictions and substituted food for alcohol.)
What a brilliant post!

Thank you so much Crois

Xxx